We are currently recruiting for experienced Land Cable Engineers to work on a subsea cable network project for our clients with the high probability of ongoing assignments. Successful candidates will be deployed to assist in the landing of fibre cable systems for major vendors and the subsequent installation of the cable from beach manhole to terminal station. Site locations will be worldwide.
We are looking for motivated, experienced personnel who have previous experience in shore end submarine cable landings and cable protection installations, cable preparation and jointing. Work requires the ability to show initiative and self-reliance when dealing with unforeseen problems and excellent interpersonal skills. Engineers will be required to follow client specific reporting and testing procedures and work positively with vendor and client to obtain sign off and client acceptance.
Job Type: Contract - Imediate requirement for Q3/Q4 2022
We welcome inquiries from candidates who have:
A thorough understanding of jointing and testing of fibre cable systems, and experience working in the subsea cabling or related industry.
- Experience of Land cable installation, Cable preparation and jointing
- Experience of jointing, splicing and testing subsea cables, OTDR proficiency.
- Other related experience (Land cable route and dedicated System Earth Surveys, Submarine Cable Transfer methods and Integrity testing etc advantageous).
- Willingness to travel globally and to work abroad for extended periods as and when required.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office and associated applications.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Full passport with at least 12 months before expiry.
- Possession of a mobile device with international roaming and a working laptop.
Due to the nature of the work, there are no geographical restrictions for applicants. Previous experience / references and qualifications will need to be provided.