We are currently recruiting for trainee Fibre Test engineers to work on multiple subsea cable network projects for our clients. Successful candidates will be deployed on cable ships or offshore platforms to test fibre cable systems during installation and maintenance activities on projects for major vendors. Site locations will be project dependent.
We are looking for motivated, personnel who have some previous relevant technical experience, preferably telecomms / network based or testing fibre but this is not a pre-requisite. Work requires the ability to show initiative and self-reliance when travelling to and from job locations, dealing with unforeseen problems and excellent interpersonal skills. Engineers will be required to work as a team to follow client specific reporting and testing procedures and work positively with vendor and client to obtain sign off and client acceptance.
Location: World Wide
Job Type: Contract
We welcome inquiries from candidates who have:
An understanding of testing & commissioning telecommunications or other systems in the field.
- Experience of testing fiber networks, OTDR proficiency and experience of any vendor specific equipment would be advantageous.
- Experience working offshore (including any offshore certifications Medical certifications, Seaman's handbook, ENG1/STCW or equivalent). Indicomm can assist in getting seaman’s book for suitable candidates.
- B1/B2 & C1D visas an advantage. Indicomm can assist in getting B1/B2, C1/D US visas for suitable candidates.
- Other related technical experience (Installation, Electrical, Offshore etc advantageous).
- Willingness to travel globally and to work abroad for extended periods when required.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office and associated applications.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Full passport with at least 12 months before expiry.
- Possession of a mobile device with international roaming and a working laptop.
Due to the nature of the work, there are no geographical restrictions for applicants. Previous experience / references and qualifications will need to be provided.