Submarine Telecommunication Cable System Equipment Installers, Testers and Commissioning Engineers
Salary: negotiable DOE
Location: World wide
Contract: Contract positions available
Experienced Sub System installers, testers and commissioning engineers wanted on Contract and semi Permanent Basis to join our business
within the Telecoms division working on client sites globally.
• Well rounded knowledge of equipment installation practices from shelf upgrade to full blown station build.
• Must have knowledge of PFE, SLTE, ADM and Management System installs preferably from all the major suppliers i.e. Alcatel-Lucent
and TE SubCom (formally Tyco).
• Competent in both Fibre and Copper cable installation.
• Have knowledge of shipping agent processes to help ensure expedited delivery of equipment to site.
• Capable of effective communication back to head office to relay project progress.
Possessing a thorough understanding of testing subsea system links and have a working knowledge of Optical channel plans, dispersion
and non linear effects, IP Addressing/sub netting, fibre characterisation, plus implementing project test plans and submittal
of reports and documentation back to head office.
• Knowledge of fibre optic test principles, ILM and OTDR testing
• Additional knowledge of CD and PMD testing would be advantageous.
• Experience in using BERT, OSA, OTDR, COTDR, ILM, CD and PMD test equipment from varied suppliers i.e. EXFO, Hewlet Packard,
Agilent, Anritsu etc.
• Be familiar with Hyper Terminal/Tera Term.
• Have FTP server application knowledge.
• Qualified to City & Guilds 3666 / 3667 standard desirable.
• Multi system/multi vendor experience preferred.
• I.T. proficient and familiar with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Visio and Adobe pdf.
• Full clean driving licence
• Posses a Full (not temporary) passport with at least 12 months before expiry.
• Willing to travel when required
• Shall be available for work 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year as requested by IndiComm Global limited.
• Willing to work for extended periods out of the UK (up to 3 -6 months at a time).
• Shall be courteous, friendly and project a professional image to the client.
• Financially stable with own international credit card.
• Self reliant and able to deal with unforeseen problems working on your own initiative
• Have a mobile device with international roaming
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please submit your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
For more details, please contact us on + 44 (0) 1507 600 748